Do all swimming pool facilities have rules on types of swimwear there membership can wear?

I am a Lifeguard/WSI instructor, our Pool facility has basically 1 rule. Swimwear Only. Almost ALL of our swimmers wear swimsuits ranging from 1 piece racers (women) men racer briefs to actual bikinis. I wear a racer on duty I have seen maybe a few wear the Baggies, that's it. So why do I see and read in this forum all negative opinions about swimwear.


Hi Mate, In Australia this swimwear rule as always been when using any public swimming pools or spa's. What is ironic is only in the US there has always been negative opinion about guys wearing speedos or brief racing swimwear. Americans all think speedos are European or Brazilian swimwear. Well they are 100% Australian made and designed. Since I can remember I've only have worn only just a speedo or similar swimwear (Aussie Bum) to the beach or while swimming at the pool. All guys here in Australia always do and they always have. None of us Aussies have any psycosexual or any body image hang ups, even Aussie women sit at the pool or beach topless. When I went to the US as a exchange student , I was staying with a Australian family in a house right on the beach.It was great being summer in the US and I could still keep my fitness up with my daily surf lifesaving training like I do here in Australia. After a week I realized why people were all staring at me or asking me was I from Europe. I was the only guy at the beach everyday who only wore speedos. While all others on the beach wore very long baggy shorts and tee shirts at the beach.I remember being told daily by a very large obese American woman who lived next door to where I was staying kept saying what I was wearing was offensive that I should cover up. Blah Blah Blah. It didn't take me not long to realize how morally psycosexual most US people were about there body image. When I started high school there I was put on the high school swim/ dive and water polo team during training I only wore a speedo like we do at school here. The other guys on the team wore what they do at the beach. When the coach handed us all a school team speedo to change into. I must have stood there for at least half the lesson just waiting for the other guys to change. When they walked out to the pool they were teeshirt and shinned tanned chubby and totally useless, by being paranoid every time when a teacher walked over to the coach. All I can say it's great to be back home in OZ

Tyr Here's a link you will find interesting and will answer a lot of questions why there is a negative opinions about mens swimwear. Also check out what us guy in OZ are wearing at the beach. cheers mate

because nobody really wants to face the fact that some people aren't attractive at ALL!

Our facility has no written rules I have seen. Other than swim diapers with tight elastic for little ones. :)

I'm bemused that so many women (especially younger ones) express distaste at guys wearing speedos. My question to them -- would you spend a summer wearing and swimming in baggy board shorts?

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น